Job Title – IT Training Specialist
Company – Roythornes Solicitors
Salary £30- 35,000 (depending on experience and possibly flexible)
Office Locations – Spalding, Peterborough, Alconbury, Nottingham
We’re on the lookout for someone with a flair for training and technical problem solving who thinks outside the box. We can provide flexibility and a work/life balance for the right team player.
Purpose of the role:
This is a role which focuses on providing a best in class IT training and a proactive user support service in order to maximise user engagement with IT, such that outcomes from technology solutions are optimised.
With limited supervision working closely with internal and external service providers ensure that end users are appropriately trained and fully supported in the day to day use of application software. Comfortable dealing with both the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of training.
Dealing with issues arising and proactively identifying and fulfilling opportunities for improvement. Helping ensure that solutions are relevant, fit for purpose and remain appropriate to the needs of the user and the business
- To deliver IT induction and fulfil ongoing training needs, providing new starter assistance as required
- To prepare and deliver demonstrations, application training / training resources (presentations, guides, handouts, videos etc) and skills transfer sessions regarding new and existing systems as required
- Training / skills transfer to other IT staff / service providers in relevant aspects of new applications (cascade training)
- To implement an appropriate IT competency framework with relevant training / training resources and systems to track and report individual progress
- To efficiently manage all IT training requests, bookings and training records
- Liaison with development team and outsourced IT service provider to ensure effective implementation through training on new projects / system updates / best use of existing systems
- Specialist application support in relation to applications support calls (commercially sourced and in house developed solutions)
- Proactive support / floor walks / lunch & learn sessions / publication of top tips
- Liaison with Quiss (outsource IT service provider) regarding all aspects of:
- Logging and progressing support calls on behalf of users (i.e. calls raised with post holder directly)
- Daily progress on above support calls
- Dealing with application support calls referred via the helpdesk where hands on application support is required
- Ensure that information security controls and operating procedures are being appropriately adhered to
- To identify opportunities and solutions to ensure IT systems are fully embedded and the intended benefits achieved (i.e. identify training needs, ensure effective skills transfer to key users, external trainers and ensure the outsourced helpdesk have appropriate knowledge to support skills transfer and monitor to ensure training and support is effective.)
- Self-learning of new or updated application software / business processes.
- Gathering feedback and providing advice on system changes
- Monitoring and striving to continuously improve standards of support service both internally provided and those provided by third parties.
- Structured testing of new and updated systems, documentation of results, re-testing as appropriate.
- Representing the business at appropriate forums and supplier user groups and keeping abreast of new technologies, providing subsequent feedback and advice to the IT management team.
- Minimum of 3 year’s demonstrable experience in IT training and application support
- Experience of working with stakeholders / representatives at all levels and demonstrable ability to present and discuss at a senior level within the firm
- Excellent understanding of technology and its impact on the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn new software and business processes and translate knowledge in to training / learning resources
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability and willingness to persist and overcome obstacles.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products – i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High level of understanding of technical issues which may affect the business including, but not limited to, identification of new solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage / prioritise workloads.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate and persuade at all levels, including senior management, in order to achieve a successful outcome.
- Developed business awareness accompanied by the ability to identify new solutions and advances, resulting in the resolution of problems.
- Flexible, willing, self-motivated and able to get hands on
- Experience of legal application software
- Experience of competency frameworks
- Formal IT service desk standards e.g. ITIL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies
- Professional services experience
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
- Professional Appearance
- Committed to high standards of client service
- Assertive and confident communication skills
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to book a call for more information